Anti- Ragging Mechanism
Ragging is totally prohibited either physically or mentally in LCIT. So-called introduction by individual and by group is banned. Only in presence of faculty or in Fresher Party simple introduction is allowed. The defaulter will be suspended forthwith pending enquiry and will be expelled from the Institute. FIR will be lodged with Police. Imprisonment up to two years with or without fine may be awarded by the court as per the State Govt. Bill.
The institute has appointed Anti Ragging Squad consisting of senior professors and faculty on duty during day and night to ensure that no ragging incident happens in the college premises as well as in the hostel.
Monitoring mechanism for Ragging at LCIT Group
- The Anti-Ragging Committee at LCIT ensures compliance with the provisions of Regulations as well as the provisions of any law for the time being in force concerning ragging; and also to monitor and oversee the performance of the Anti-Ragging squad in prevention of ragging in the institution.
- It is the duty of the anti-Ragging Squad to be called upon to make surprise checks on hostels, and other places vulnerable to incidents and having the potential for ragging and shall be empowered to inspect such places.It is also the duty of the Anti-Ragging Squad to conduct an on-the-spot enquiry into any incidents of ragging referred to it by the Head of the Institution or any member of the faculty or any member of the staff or any student or any parent or guardian or any employee of a service provider or by any other person, as the case may be; and the enquiry report along with recommendations shall be submitted to the Anti-Ragging Committee for action. Provided that the Anti-Ragging squad shall conduct such enquiry observing a fair and transparent procedure and the principles of natural justice and after giving adequate opportunity to the student or students accused of ragging and other witnesses to place before it the facts, documents and views concerning the incidents of ragging, and considerations such other relevant information as may be required
- LCIT has set up a Mentoring Cell consisting of students volunteering to the Mentors for first year students, in the succeeding academic year; and there shall be as many levels or tiers of Mentors as the number of batches in the institutions, at the rate of one Mentor for six first year students and one Mentor of higher level for six Mentors of the lower level.The Monitoring Cell shall call for reports from the Head of institution in regards to the activities of the Anti-Ragging Committees, Anti-Ragging Squads, and the Mentoring Cells at the Institutions, and it shall also keep itself abreast of the decisions of the Anti-Ragging Committees etc
- The Monitoring Cell shall also review the efforts made by institution to publicize anti-ragging measures, soliciting of affidavits from parents/ guardians and from students, each academic year, to abstain from ragging activities or willingness to be penalized for violation; and shall function as the prime mover for initiating action for amending the Statues or Ordinances or Bye-laws to facilitate the implementation of anti-ragging measures at the level of the institution.
- LCIT through the Anti-Ragging Cell creates awareness of the dehumanizing effect of ragging, and the approach of the institution towards those indulging in ragging, big posters (preferably with different colors for the provisions of law, punishments, etc.) shall be prominently displayed on all Notice Boards of all departments, hostels and other buildings as well as at vulnerable places. Some of such posters shall be permanent nature in certain vulnerable places.
- LCIT publicizes in campus against ragging through posters, information booklets, seminars etc.
- Mobile Phones and other communication devices are permitted in residential areas including hostels to provide access to the students particularly first year students, to reach out for help from teachers, parents and institution authorities.